Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Full Fathom Five - An Announcement!


Most of being a writer is a kind of slow inching towards some bigger picture of a career. And if you are very lucky, there comes a time where you are able to realize a sea change has taken place. Not suddenly-- though it seems that way-- the work is now coming to you. The work is finding you. 

I have said before, and I continue to laugh about how it took me leaving New York to start to get all the good work I wanted. And now, it's taking another big move-- to London-- and various freelance-y projects have now really kicked into full gear. 

The one that I am at liberty to announce to you today is that I'm the new official SMASH recap-er for BroadwaySpotted.com. I've wanted to get into Entertainment recapping for a while now (Molly Lambert, you're still my hero. VULTURE, don't think this means I'm not available to you.) and this feels like the perfect way to do it. 

So from now on, SMASHcaps will not be featured on Fergie & Fife. Instead, you can check them out here. And please do. Normally, I prefer to be funny in SMASH recaps. I like jokes. But the truth is, I'm a bit worried for the show. And I just couldn't do it today.... as I lie here in a half-packed, half-painted room... sneezing with a vengeance. I hope to be funnier next week. I also hope they pull the episode together next week. 

And hurrah for freelance work! And g'bless the sea change. 

"Full fathom five thy father lies,
Of his bones are coral made,
Those are pearls that were his eyes,
Nothing of him that doth fade,
But doth suffer a sea-change,
into something rich and strange,
Sea-nymphs hourly ring his knell,
Ding-dong.
Hark! now I hear them, ding-dong, bell."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...