Thursday, March 31, 2011

Florence & Florence


Finding adorable shops on the internets is no tall order. You could basically drown on etsy if you gave yourself the chance. Let's be real. That's why I like when you find places that add just a little extra twist-- like Florence & Florence. Not only do they sell those vintage Penguin books, but I love how they've bundled them by fun categories like "Animal Themes," "Comedy," and "Africa/Burma/India," in case you want to specialize. 


I also love their vintage maps and postcards section. They have Dublin, Glencoe & Glen Nevis, and even this Fife & Angus map I'm super tempted to buy. I don't know what year it's from and I love comparing maps from different eras. I think you can tell a lot by how we make and made maps. I wonder if, say, Glenrothes is even on there-- depending on the year. 


This mother/daughter shop has a great philosophy too, I think! 
"Beautiful things. We all love them. We all want them. And so we fill the world with more and more. But wouldn't it be wonderful to know that we can treat ourselves to beautiful things without adding more to the world? We think so. That's what inspired Florence & Florence."

Vintage Scotland Postcards

Fife & Angus!

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about Fife/Scotland vintage maps lately. There's a little book shop on Victoria Street in Edinburgh that has some nice ones. Check it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...