Friday, July 16, 2010

week's roundup of little wows

(go here)
Sometimes, even when I'm manic-ly over-committing myself to things and super stressed, the world will back me up with an abundance of marvelous things-- too many to blog about! So here's a round up of all the those dreamy little things I enjoyed and you might too!


If I were rich and had a spare $2000, I'd buy this for my lovely artist friend, Rachel. All artist/illustrator types, check it.


I'm going to talk about Autostraddle in a more complete manner at some point, but in the mean time, I quite enjoyed their thoughts on "The Social Network" trailer. I don't think I've ever disagreed with a single thing Carly Usdin has ever said.


I love cover songs. I mean LOVE cover songs. NPR picks the top five so far of 2010.


My children's book writing co-conspirator, Corinne, is an amazing photographer herself and always has the best eye for photos.


More Faulkner in his own voice. "For Faulkner, there is no such thing as 'was:' the past is always with us." I feel that.


Other than the whole "I'm not sure how I feel about drinking from my own shoe" thing, Dram Sandals sound like my kind of shoe, I think. I also like that they use the very Scottish term, "dram," which ya don't hear too often in the states. Booze in your shoe. I'll take it.


And just one more Allie Brosh (see above). Hyberbole and a Half, you rocked my world this week. I can't get enough.


Finally, I cannot implore you enough. If you have 5 dollars and ever held a fond thought in your mind about my dad, please check this out. He has given me my dreams on a plate. (Some of those dreams filtered down to you!) Please help me give him a bit of his back.

1 comment:

  1. I just have this feeling that if ya'll could do one thing for Ryann before she leaves this country on her journey in Scotland, it would be to help her with fulfilling this dream for her Dad. The last little wow up there in the post. Maybe even more that that "Storm in a Teacup".

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...