Tuesday, July 27, 2010

the last roll of kodachrome ever



It's Tuesday, but it feels like Monday. Spent the weekend kayaking in Tennessee, started my exciting visa journey, and watched the first round of stuff leave my apartment on the way to new homes. 


And speaking of impermanence, I'm dying to know what's on Steve McCurry's last ever roll of Kodachrome film. Something about this story is really haunting to me. A beautiful thing going extinct. It's interesting to me, especially since so many photographers have huge issues with permanence/impermanence...it's why they take pictures in the first place. 


I'm a huge fan of his work, and not just the famous Afghan Girl. 


I really love digital and the freedom it gives (esp amateur) photographers. But don't you sort of miss the mystery of real film? Wondering what things you got? It seems that the element of a bigger hand is missing anymore. The mysterious divine that lends itself to pictures if you actually know how to use your camera. 


1 comment:

  1. Dude, as soon as I saw the title of this, I immediately thought of this song <3 SUCH a great song

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...