Thursday, August 19, 2010

begin



I was introduced to the Wailin' Jennys several years ago by someone who broke my heart. But I don't hold that against the Jennys. Luckily, unlike almost all other music in my life, the Jennys have somehow managed to ride the line between still reminding me of him and not reminding me of him at all, but just sounding like the non-manic hopeful feeling I have whenever I resolve to start something new. I have a pretty big problem with living in the moment. A colossal problem with it, actually. And I am often resolving to be better about it, but it's something I have to work at. Because every time I finally learn to trust or enjoy something, it's already time for the next thing. So it's nice to have this reminder. I wish I could find a video for my favorite Jenny's song, "Firecracker." That one's a doozy. With one of my favorite all-time lyrics: 


"knowledge pulls the reigns against the bliss that I once knew/when you set your sights on me/ and the firecrackers flew."


But "Begin." Begin is a good one. And one of my favorite words. And feels appropriate for these days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...