Monday, August 23, 2010

i still love mansfield park



Everyone seemed to hate this movie but me. Maybe I was the only one that liked their addition of some of Jane Austen's own letters as writings of Fanny. I get that it's not very true to the novel, but man. As far as costume dramas go (and let's be real, they go pretty far with me) this one is about as good as it gets. In fact, it's one of my favorites of all times. The flying dove telegram! The glass playing scene on the rainy day where they stay inside-- gorgeous! (I tried to find that scene, but could never find it isolated. The song is available to purchase on itunes, etc though.)


I never say no to Alessandro Nivola, Jonny Lee Miller & James Purefoy in one movie. And Harold Pinter is (As always) positively creepy in one of his last film roles. 


The seven minute scene below is one of my all time faves. Perfect for this rainy Monday. My last Monday of employment... (hopefully) ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...