Monday, August 2, 2010

surprise!

Turns out, I DID have a jammin' Sunday! 


When I went into Manhattan for what I thought was a work session with Steven, we went up to the terrace of the Rosie building for "some wine." But when I walked out from the conference room, I saw a big spread of food and drinks. They have fund-raising events on the roof all the time, so I just figured there was one Steven forgot to tell me about. 


I started to comment on this when a bunch of my closest friends jumped out and yelled "Surprise!"


I was so shocked and confused, I said, "For what?" I was so happy though! They said they just wanted to have a going away party for me for close friends...and something that for once, I didn't have to plan :) 


Steven and Aly had been organizing it for several weeks and their surprise totally worked. I had no idea. Aly took a really funny picture of my face (See above) and Theresa decorated the roof with Scottish flags and decorated the wine bottles with plaid labels. 


It was so well timed, I can't believe it! I had literally been writing in my blog how down I had been feeling. ButI certainly didn't once I got to the terrace, so thank you so much to Steven, Aly, Theresa, Bebhinn, John & Landon for a fun, memorable New York night. I was genuinely touched. I love you guys! This is the NYC I'll miss. Too bad you have to leave to necessitate your besties throwing you a going away party...


It was nice waking up in the East Village again this morning and can't wait to have a nice walk most of the way to work! This is the NYC I love! 

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I have those white chairs and the sofa, Phillipe Starck!!! Cute, cute picture!!

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...