Friday, January 11, 2013
I am Lady Mary Friday Links
What a long week! Sadly, I won't be considering this week over until the end of the weekend. Basically, I have a lot of work to do and less energy to do it with than I'd prefer. But at least I can bundle up in a lot of sweaters at my desk for a full 48 hours. Also, I'm helping McC decorate her house on Sunday. She's made some really stellar furniture choices including THIS awesome statement chair.
Anyhow. Your Links:
- A wonderful piece by John Lithgow reporting from inside Britain's National Theatre.
- A new-found hilarious Downton site.
- Also this. IAmLadyMary's twitter. Though I wish it were funnier.
- Janet Hill's art is the shit. I want like 15 of these paintings.
- Look at my beauteous friend Parisa's dreamy Persian-themed wedding!
- This really is a very bad portrait of Kate Middleton.
- This is the most astute piece on Downton Abbey I've ever read! (Thanks, Anna!)
- The World can never have enough baller short stories-- like George Saunders, Tenth of Dec.
- God is not a Christian: an extraordinary talk with Desmond Tutu and the Dalai Lama
- Oh, Elizabeth Wurtzel. On one hand, please just stop. On the other hand, I've made some similar choices...