Friday, November 16, 2012
No Time To Rest. I'm Gonna Find Me a Life, Baby, Way Out West
Somehow, today feels a bit like a sad day, the day all my stuff arrives to my house from London. Like it wasn't officially over until now. Like I might go back, or like maybe all my stuff was still back in the UK waiting for me. But it's here in Los Angeles. In my perfect little apartment.
And even though I feel better sitting at this big, sturdy desk, looking out my windows while I write than just about anywhere, today, my time as a gypsy and world traveler feels over.
I don't feel like this all the time. But some songs, some shows, when the weather is chilly and damp and grey like it is today. And my house is cold because I can't figure out where the heat is in this LA apartment-- hadn't really seemed like a big priority to ask my landlord.
But there's no time to be sad. No time to rest. I'm gonna find me a life, baby, way out west.
In any case, here are your links:
- Downton just sort of makes me sad.
- This is one of the most amazing ideas ever.
- Love the Matildas. One of my favorite shows ever.
- I want this jacket.
- This insignia jewelry is purrrrty.
- Gray Malin in Hollywood.
- One of the prettiest single malt bottles I've ever seen. Wonder if Balblair is tasty. Anyone?
- Just in case. This still feels relevant.