Thursday, May 16, 2013

London 1927


I think about place and belonging a lot. I often feel out of place. Or caught, maybe is a better word, between two (or more!) places. Not part of this, not wholly a part of that. And I suppose time and timing is another big component of the idea of "place" especially as it pertains to belonging. 

Perhaps my London near-miss of a life was all to do with timing. I wonder what it would be like if I went back now, or a year from now. And while I think living in London in 1927 might be a bit out of the realm of possibility, it's nice to daydream about-- especially if this footage of the Big Smoke from British film pioneer Claude Friese-Greene is any indication

The captions are almost as lovely as the footage. And in case you love the song as much as I do, it's "Parasol" by British indie-rock collective, Jonquil


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...