Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Last Corrida in Catalonia


These are some pretty revealing photos of the last bullfight held in Plaza Monumental de Barcelona on September 25. Oddly enough, this collection by several photographers came to me via my google alert on David Mora and is actually posted in the Denver Post

I was saddened to learn when I started to look at the photos that it was Juan Mora and not David Mora in this corrida, but the pictures were moving nonetheless. I have kind of a deal with "the last ever" of anything. That mash-up of emotions that makes the corrida fascinating to me in the first place. Is there a name for that? Something about that last roll of Kodachrome film broke my heart and I think the Indigo Girls song Winthrop is probably the saddest song I've ever heard. "And for someone, there is something, never coming back."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...