Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Depressing Tuesday



It's pouring rain in NYC, torrential rains expected in Scotland, there's riots in London, the US political situation is a nightmare, a crazy is screaming on 8th Avenue at the moment and I've been sick all day. I internalize everything and so I've been pretty depressed. The only thing I could think to do when I feel this badly is watch Jane Eyre. So I finally rented the new Cary Fukunaga adaptation with Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska. 


It's lean. And I mean LEAN. But I loved it. First rate in tone, look, and especially performances. But Jane Eyre is more for wallowing than for cheering. 


I wish I could post something here to cheer you and/or me up, but alas. I got nothing. Just this. And this. I guess sometimes, you just have to take a day and give into a little gloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...