Friday, August 2, 2013

A Year Ago Today...

A year ago today, I cashed in my permanent resident alien card to the UK and flew back to the United States. I had no idea what I would do next. Heathrow seemed like home at that point and I remember fighting with my grandmother via email even as I stood in line to check my bag and say goodbye to London. 

I still hate that I had to leave the UK. But I'm happy I live in Los Angeles even more than I ever I thought I could. I recently rediscovered some thoughts I wrote in a journal around the time I left. I'd like to share them with you, but I'll wait until tomorrow since today is Friday and it's time for Friday links. 

- I want this. I'm starting to feel sad. 
- Get it, George Clooney. Eff the hedgefunds. 
- I'll always have a soft spot for my first job out of college. The End of Saks Fifth Ave.
- I feel like learning more languages. I miss Europe. 
- This bag is hot
- These pictures of my cousin, Tennessee Williams, are lovely.
- My next read is David Rakoff's final piece: a novel in iambic pentameter.
- Haim. The Wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...