Monday, August 19, 2013

Music Monday - Dolly Parton Covers Herself. Sort of.


While covers and re-interpretations of this song abound, leave it to Dolly herself (well with the help of some basic technology) to be capable of perhaps the best rendition. Jack White, Ellie Goulding, Laura Marling, Mumford & Sons, Fiona Apple and even Miley Cyrus, you can all take a seat. Turns out, all you gotta do is slow the original down by 25% (33 rpm) and you get a soulful, amazingly organic sounding piece of music. I can't stop listening. 

I do have a weak spot for A. this song. I was very nearly named Jolene. (I think we can agree it's probably best I wasn't.) B.) The country music and C. The Dolly. She is everything. If I could be a version of Dolly for the new millennium, I could die happy. She's blonde, has big boobs, gives herself permission to be sweet and even a little ditzy, but she's laughing all the way to bank as the most successful female songwriter of all time. No need to cover Dolly. Just let Dolly do it. 

Beauty, boobs, and heart, Ladies & Gentleman. And SKILLZ.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...