Friday, June 7, 2013
TONY Weekend Jumbo Links List
You guys. You might have realized that for the past few weeks, I've been taking quite large gaps in posting. For this I am both sorry/not sorry. I should probably fill you in on a little bit about what's been going on.
First of all, I've been kind of uninspired about the true purpose of this blog since leaving Europe. My readership dropped off a lot since I was no longer galavanting through castles and I toyed with ideas of revamping into something much different or ceasing to post entirely. I've tabled all those discussions for the time being. But I feel like I'm close to figuring out what this space will next become.
In the meantime, I've been spending a lot of my energy normally reserved for this blog on a lifestyle e-mag/app platform that will bring the words and ideas to a much, MUCH larger audience and one that is both recognizable and super respected. It's been amazing so far to help launch what I hope this will become. More on that endeavor very soon.
Until then, just know that there's lots in the works, lots to be excited about, lots to write about and so many interesting things on the internet. Here are some of them. And happy Tony Weekend, musical lovers!
- I can't believe this Mary Queen of Scots exhibit wasn't open when I was there.
- This amazing house in Russia
- Hard to believe these works of art aren't photos
- Yet another example of why the writings of Alex Williams are in my axis of evil.
- David Simon on gov phone tapping. He would know lots about wires. I heart him.
- SO much crazy rape talk on the internets. There was this....
- Which got SO ugly here. Lindy! Solidarity, girl. People make me really ill sometimes. BUT!
- This article about the distress of the privileged is one of the best I've read.
- Best LA places for outdoorsiness.
- Recently uncovered 1959 photos of Robert Redford (holla!)
- Almost RIP, Google Reader. Tear. Here's why it really got the ax.
- Reading literature makes us nicer and smarter. No shit, Sherlock.
- TONY stuff. I like the analysis here. But I'm for Matilda all the way on everything.
- Giada De Laurentiis's chocolate linguine. BOOM.