Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Music - Pompeii - Bastille


Greetings from Santa Monica! I'm writing to you from 12 stories in the air overlooking the Coast to the North and Santa Monica pier in the distance. Despite the June gloom, it feels more like summer here. Perhaps because I've got some company. 

Reconnecting with one of my favorite childhood friends after 20 years has been pretty amazing. We frequently revert to childlike glee and laugh like hyenas about pretty much nothing. We meet up at her house many days and swim laps in her Olympic sized pool. 

Now that I'm back into swimming laps like when I was a teenager and dancing around like a spazzy kid, the quest for summer songs becomes even more important. I used to keep myself busy while swimming the mile in high school by singing songs in my head under water. Now, they have underwater listeners to help with that. But I've still been jamming out to this song in my head while I swim. 

London-based Bastille has blown up over in Europe, but I'm hoping this energetic business gets a fair shake here too. It's a pretty good kickstart to the week. Enjoy! Hope you have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...