Friday, October 4, 2013

Keep.Com Friday Links


This was a week of rebalancing for me, and it felt good. I normalized some routines, switched some up, made chili and baked an almond apple whisky crumble for friends and neighbors that was delicious, got locked out of my apartment and hung out with my neighbor Camellia who turned me on to some new music, decided to seriously shake up my bedroom (turns out it's gonna be like zero work,) deleted my okcupid profile (again) and started to allow myself to get excited about the workshop of Nicholas & Alexandra later this month. Huzzah!

Each changing of the seasons is a dual re-set, renew. Both normalizing and radicalizing, if necessary. Duality is good. 

Here are your links.

- The Painted Ladies of LA
- Even more reasons to love it here: Taco Day!
- I'm a fan of almost all of these 20' slang terms. "Bank's Closed, Guys!"
- This chair.
- Bullfighting in France
- Did I already post this? It's the scariest thing I've ever read about being a mother in the US
- Scottish children portraits! (I'm kind of tempted to buy these??)
- Writers on failure.
- Subscribe to this amazing Vimeo channel
- This is amazing. How Rhett Butler was the original Silver Lake Hipster.

- This has been making the rounds. And I super agree. Hocus Pocus is the best! And I'm not just saying that because I'm going to Vinessa's house later. Hey, girl!

- Keep.com. I love it! It's like pinterest, but with a built in purchasing mechanism like luvocracy. My bank account might not love it as much as my brain does. 

2 comments:

  1. I, also, deleted my OKCupid profile recently. Didn't bother me one bit.

    But if you are doing major bedroom changes and decide to get rid of your letter-comforter, I call dibs!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I put together a list of 20s lingo on the website for my party:
    http://christacannon.wix.com/loosecannon

    Aaaand wrote a 1920s slang-filled poem several months back. It's safe to say I'm in agreement with bringing them back!

    http://hellopoetry.com/poem/the-ides-of-march-a-night-for-easy-speaking/

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...