Thursday, May 23, 2013

The One and Only Our Lady J



One of the amazing side benefits of working with Shaping Sound was my chance to reconnect with Our Lady J. She also moved from New York in the relatively recent past and used to work with Steven at Rosie's. She's also one of the best live performers I've ever seen. Her concerts are truly something special and I don't know any musician like her. 

That's an all around statement, in fact. I don't know anyone like her at all, ever. Period. She has a breathtaking version of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You," which Jaimie and Teddy dance to in Shaping Sound and I used the track in my favorite promo video

Her fans have been clamoring for a studio album for years and now we're finally getting one! (As long as everything goes according to plan. And that's where you come in.) She's raising money on indiegogo to do this thing RIGHT. And by right, I mean, ON PINK VINYL!! AH!!!!! I want one so bad I can't stand it!! 

There are also a million other cool things you get when you donate-- like a makeover from Lady J (also, I want.) and boob art!! 

I just came from lunch with the Lady herself and I am so inspired. I think she's going to teach me a lot about being a woman. 

Check out everyone else who's been inspired and lending a hand to help this amazing piece of work come to you! This video is star-studded to say the least. (And she was sweet enough to use a section of my video in the video as well.) 

Help fund Picture of a Man here

I was at this show:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...