Sunday, August 1, 2010

Have a Jammin' Sunday


I'm staying at my friend's house on St. Mark's for the next little bit before I stay at Steven's. It was really sad and depressing saying goodbye to my apartment and so much of my life and memories of NYC this weekend. 


Also, moving is a really good example of why people aren't supposed to be alone. Moving by yourself is one of the most frustrating, depressing, and belittling things I can think of. I like to think I can do everything on my own. But dealing with every single item of your life makes  you wish you had a little help. I don't often think of being taken care of. But I wouldn't have minded yesterday. 


The fitting of important things into 2 suitcases seemed to be going well until I got into some of the more bulky items. And the books. Oh, the books. 


Needless to say, tons of stuff is still in limbo, still for sale or for give away. These items include artwork, 2 huge bags of clothes, 2 boxes full of shoes (7.5's) and lots of books. 


Anyhow, every one of my belongings that finds a good home makes me feel a little less blue. And I need all the less-blue I can get, because I'm feeling pretty blue. Hopefully being in East Village again and some QT with the fantastic Marlowe  the cat will cheer me up from thinking about all the people from the West Coast to the South to the East Coast that I'm going to miss so much once I leave. 


At least it's Sunday-- which means-- TRUE BLOOD! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...