Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Just the Right Amount of Wrong



I have a new favorite hotel in Las Vegas. Since I'm travelling today-- probably crammed in some teeny tiny seat-- I thought I'd share with you some more luxurious times. All the way back to Friday night, when me and some of my oldest friends in the world had a bang-up evening at The Cosmopolitan. In a town where almost everything-- the music, the people, even the air seems perennially paused in the late nineties-- it's nice to remember that, on the strip at least, we will always tear down what doesn't turn a profit and build something new ;)



Definitely dig the place. And the one thing that's convinced me there might be a purpose for big banks-- (good job Deutche Bank) who took on completion of the project after the initial builders were unable to follow through when the economy crashed. They scrapped all the original plans and came up with their own. The result is fun and eclectic. The cocktail waitresses outfits, the way they're allowed to show tattoos. Their slogan is "Just the right amount of wrong."


We grabbed drinks at the Chandelier Bar (gorge) and then had some delicious tapas and sangria at Jaleo. Our buddy Oliver, who runs the place, hooked us up with all the best eats. But the funnest part was catching up with my pals, their parents, siblings, and significant others. Enjoy the (niche) beauty that is my hometown at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...