Wednesday, July 28, 2010

a moorish honeymoon with McC


One of the things that makes me really happy lately is all the people who have promised to come visit me in Scotland-- and seem to be really serious about it, not just lip servicey (and as someone who throws out crazy ideas, but then actually does them, I have a keenly developed detector of when people don't mean what they say).


My friend, McC, actually takes the cake though, because this December, we're going to have a glorious train/road trip around England and Scotland where hopefully, "at least one of us will find the love of our lives." And this trip is PLANNED. But then again, I've never known her to not mean business. She got her inspiration from Martha Stewart's honeymoon planning section. It's an odd time to think of a traditional honeymoon with so many of my friends currently getting divorced, and I think no matter what, this particular honeymoon would be much better spent with McC than a husband.


One month from now, I won't work at Davenport anymore and two months from now, I'll actually be staring classes (I only have classes Tues-Thursday, so my first day will be the 28th.) I have a list so long of places I want to see. Even places close to St. Andrews-- like Tigerlily. McC and I are definitely staying here on her trip and for super obvious reasons, Emily, Tigerlily and I will have to stay here. This place is divine. I would live here if I could I think. It's very much my taste. Being named after Tigerlily helps, too. And! There's even a bar called Lulu in it, which was one of my nicknames as a kid too!



6 comments:

  1. DAMN, that is gorgeous!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you'd like this one, Dena! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS....nothing like a good purple (bottom pic) and the color of a Tiffany box (throw pillows top pic) and I say that not because I am a princess, because I am the Queenie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lip service PSH. I'm coming and you can't stop me. Can't wait to honeymoon with my one and onlyyyyyyyyy. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I certainly didn't mean that YOU were giving me lip service!! Honeeeeeeeymoooooooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Went here just last night and can honestly say it is one of the most exclusive places i have been for a night out. The bar is simply stunning with the massive white fireplace, huge lanterns, candles & tiger lily displays everywhere. Can't wait to go back. xx Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...