Friday, September 28, 2012

Today I Go Here Friday Links


As I embark for my fourth and final city of residence for 2012, I wish I had something more concrete to impart to you lovely readers. I live, for the most part, somewhere far below the surface of whatever city I am in-- the inner life my friend Trevor recognized about me when we were very young. It's not that I'm not present. I think I am. Most of the time at least. It's just that I make my decisions from that place that is... well, it's not the real world, is it, the way I've been lucky enough to live so far?

Whatever kind of inner compass I have, I try not to tamper with it too much. I just try to be so very thankful for the people around me who support me and encourage me to follow my strange, nomadic inner compass. It's hard to live out of a suitcase. And hard to accept so much help from people. But the more I see of the world, the more I know that's what I'm supposed to be doing.

Your links:

- The professional photos from Aly's Wedding. Such good memories. Such wonderful friends. 
- Very cool. The American story via music
- Let's hope Mc, Tom & I can avoid Carmageddon II this weekend... oh shit. Traffic. Welcome to LA. 
- On my reading list: Italy, Edinburgh, Hollywood, NYC? Sign me up.
- I never get sick of this. Mansplainers. Let's just say, I had a boyfriend recently who is the very definition of mansplaining. 
- More on gender gap whatnot
- Unspeakable, soul-crushing awkwardness.
- America's Top 50 Cities. Um. Always with the San Francisco. Whatever. And putting LA as 50th? Listen, no way. I'm sticking up for you today, at the very least, Los Angeles. Don't make me sorry. 

Here's my favorite two quotes about Los Angeles. And a whole page of them for some laughs:

"When it's 100 degrees in New York, it's 72 in Los Angeles. When it's 30 degrees in New York, it's still 72. However, there are 6 million interesting people in New York, and only 72 in Los Angeles." - The Great Neil Simon

"Tip the world over on its side and everything loose will land in Los Angeles." -Frank Lloyd Wright."

Finally, "keep it, use it, build it, move it."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...