Tuesday, February 8, 2011

all the splendid times that will probably ensue

Sophie, Me & The Queen
It made my day to see that Sophie had posted a version of one of her new songs, "Something Old, Something New," on YouTube. Sitting by the fire, on a beautiful snowy New Year's Eve Eve, in the morning room at Bamff, Sophie practiced this one for her Troubadour concert. 


We talked about the lyrics. I told her the verses about NYC actually sounded like an early fall night out in NYC. And we talked the lyric, "all the splendid times that will probably ensue..."


And I couldn't help but think that's how I felt about the years to come here in Scotland. It just seems like around every corner here, there's something amazing waiting. 


I had the opportunity to cut my lease in Deans Court to the end of the term (instead of through the summer) and I decided to bite the bullet and move into Edinburgh early. I'll miss my cozy castle room. But as much writing as I get done in St Andrews, there's just so much I want to be doing in Edinburgh. So I'd rather commute into St Andrews than the other way around. 


So I wake up everyday, excited to get at all the splendid times that will probably (definitely) ensue. I sit here at my computer and I begin to type...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...