Thursday, June 10, 2010

storm in a teacup, racing round my veins


Thanks, Becky! Beckster was so kind as to show me this AWESOME Storm in a Teacup. Anyone have a spare 550 pounds-- or $808.50 to buy this for me before I leave for Scotland???

This feels especially appropriate today too, since that's how I feel, being pushed around a little bit. But I suppose I always feel this way, since this is the most Ryann song I've ever written. 

PS- It's been a while since I listened to the demo track for the title song from VOTE! and you know what?? I don't care what anyone says. That shit's hot. I wish we had the new intro on it, but... 
Steven Jamail, I am a lucky girl. That bass line. Those voices. Landon- you did the work of 8 guys in 15 minutes and you sound soooo good. Celisse- no words. And my dear Haviland, there are few musical moments on this planet I like better than when you come wailing over the top of all that in the key change, "Maybe I'm all heart for brains/Paper Tigers/Paper Planes." 

Maybe it's only because I've taken some time away, and am just now getting back into this project, but man, oh man, you guys-- effing every last one of you-- you know who you are!! Train tracks-- I'd just lie on down for ya. I've just never been so thankful for any hard thing in my life. 


All I want is the chance to prove
I can push against the world
And feel it move

I rolled my eyes in class like I was waiting for the bell
Didn't need to do the reading to know "cold war" very well
Just the threat of relevance—
A word I can't even spell
Not like they even notice
I think I'd like to try and yell!

A storm in a teacup
Racing round my veins
Are my fears just paper tigers?
Or am I chasing paper planes?

How do I go on from here
When confusion still remains
Are my fears just paper tigers?
Are my dreams just paper planes?



There's a cold war in my life too
Between the Me that's manufactured and the Me that's true

If I learned anything in class today, 
It's I'm through
With this storm in a teacup
racing 'round my veins
In the skies, away from here
I'll quit these woe-is-me refrains
 Just want to know the difference between duty and love
Someone just to tell me
There's nothing to be afraid of

Thoughts of little planes
Breaking through the clouds and sun
But when it comes to running
It just makes me want to…run

All I want is the chance to prove
I can push against the world
And feel it move :)

3 comments:

  1. DUDE! <3 this blogpost.. and dude, ya know what? the title song gave me chills live and every time I listen to it now, I still get chills :) yall are kick ass AND you know my thoughts on Paper Planes <3 KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I even pressed the link for "most Ryann song", I was like "It's gotta be Paper Planes".

    ReplyDelete
  3. She pretty much rocks. That title song has quite possibly my favorite lyrics that I've ever set. She's a fierce one!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...