Monday, May 3, 2010

a new orleans point of view


Watching Treme, and hearing stories from friends still living in the area, I've spent a lot of time thinking about New Orleans. One of the things that made me love Rice so much, even after I had graduated, was the wonderful & gracious way they accepted all Tulane students, no questions asked, full transfer credits into Rice. I felt proud to be a Rice grad. 

A fellow Rice grad (and Cronin's creative writing class cohort) Lamar White reminded me tonight that John Goodman's character in Treme is not only fully quoting the late fantastic blogger, Ashley Morris, in tonight's episode, but that the entire character is based on him. I seriously recommend reading Ashley Morris as well as my excellent friend Lamar. When I miss workshopping his short stories, I go read about his wacky capers on his website and feel better :)

For another point of view on New Orleans, I'm including some wonderful shots by the exceedingly talented, Corinne, who finally got her professional photography site up-- don't swarm her all at once, but her stuff is (clearly) amazing and not only is she economical, but she donates 30% of her profits to charities. 

I'll be back tomorrow with more theories on the universe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...